Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All Pumpkin Plants Are In

Dustin and Kadence
She watched, a girl doesn't really want to get dirty!
Ethan has his in the ground.

All of the pumpkin plants are planted and we are waiting to see some action. Some people are very competitive about having the biggest and the most, but Brandon made a good point, that all of the vines will eventually become tangled together and we won't know which pumpkin comes from which plant. Right now some aren't doing very well, leaves turning yellow and such, so I may be doing the bait and switch at some point. I hope it doesn't come down to me buying some pumpkins and setting them amongst the vines come October!! I have to do some research on how to grow some awesome plants. Can't disappoint the G-kids can I??

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Sometimes, the leaves will turn yellow. are you giving them enough water? they love water and sun. are they getting too much water??? we like to use miracle gro on our plants. it really helps a lot. also, epsom salt!

Laura Kae Brandler said...

ya i am giving them water, i thought maybe too much and i will try epsom salt, i use that on my roses. didnt know about pumpkins.