Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Grow Baby Grow

Did my kids really believe me when I said that if you plant something, pat it and say "grow baby, grow" that anything would grow? I wonder if they said "grow beer, grow"? I was not as emotionally touched when I found these buried as when I find a hot wheel car or an army man that they played with! Different periods of life I guess! Wonder who did it?
And then there is the real garden! It's really coming along and I am tending it every day and enjoying it so much! These are some of the pumpkins that are growing. I am not going to say who's because some people are more competitive than others. I am sure by the time Halloween comes around all kids will have a great pumpkin.
Some of the tomato plants, they have only been in the ground for about six weeks and are getting so big. I have some crook neck squash and little bitty pumpkins between them.
More tomatoes. I have quite a variety, Roma, better boy, sweet 100's, some heirloom, yellow pear, etc. Can't wait to see them. I looked up recipes for canning and there is so much I can do with them. Thanks to the boys for posting everything for me.
My squash is doing really well, crookneck and zucchini. So are my cucumbers in the back. The birds are eating my Swiss chard and my peppers are taking awhile. It's ok though, I am patient and enjoying the gardening journey. Next my boys are going to till a portion of my yard and I am going to plant some dwarf fruit trees. And no I haven't forgotten about the chickens. It takes time to put together a farm, ya know!

No comments: