Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Weekend

Dustin and I cooked Sunday, baked ziti and his special cheese bread. Then he sliced up a pineapple and made a display so attractive that his brothers said he was the "g" word!
Nick and his baby girl relaxing. The pineapple display! That's all I could get as far as pictures go, couldn't get them all together. We missed Patti and her family, she was home recuperating from hernia surgery.
Sunday Barry and I took off for the day, I declared it his day. He choose to go to the observatory. It was beautiful up there over looking the LA area and out to the ocean. We watched a movie about the universe, it was really cool.
We tried to go to the Museum of Tolerance, but it was closed, of course! Saturday is the Jewish Sabbath! So we went to the Peterson Museum and looked at all of the old cars.
I totally remember the Helms Bakery Truck with its wooden drawers filled with donuts, pastries and cakes.
An old car from a movie, I forgot which one. Barry loved this museum!
We went to lunch at El Coyote for some Mexican food and then the grand finale...
WinCo for groceries.
Really fun day, we should take ourselves out more often!
Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

What a fun day! I love the picture of you and Uncle Barry. Great pic! It looks like he had fun. I need some of his recipes!