Monday, February 16, 2009

I Love a Holiday

The next one coming up is St. Patrick's Day. Do you do anything special to celebrate? I always make corned beef and cabbage. Put green food coloring in everything from the milk to the toilet water. Make elf visits to the little ones, sprinkling green sugar trails and leaving a little pot of treats (sorry kids, elf couldn't do it last year, but will for sure this time). You have to get up early to be an elf. Sugar cookies have been done in the past and an elf trap at times were made by kindergartners. We always wear green and decorate the house. I put out the holiday books and we read about elfin magic.
Share your family traditions and if you don't have any, use some of mine and make it a fun holiday for the kids, you'll enjoy it more too.

Write me if you want a recipe!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I want to do traditions like that. Hannah is still young, but I still think it would be fun. Doing everything green is also fun!

Have you always done these traditions?

Laura Kae Brandler said...

I remember the day I realized that you could actually extend holidays so that you were continually having one. I was married to Gregg and I told him that and ever since then that's what I've done. My kids expect it and they have always loved the holidays along with me. I will post what I do for each one, so you can have some ideas too. xoox

cinnamongirl said...

I remember that elf trap! Wow that was fun. I think ZAch needs one this year....