Monday, February 2, 2009

Stuffy, Fever, Achey Feeling

I got sick again, third time since last September! It started off not too bad, in fact, I spent a quiet weekend reading and watching t.v., kinda a nice break. But now it's not better, my nose is raw, I will be getting a cold sore or two any minute now, and I have a really busy week ahead, so I just need it to be over already. I am babysitting Kadence, teaching a class on Wednesday to the young women at church, and giving a talk on Sunday, which I need to research and put it together. Ugh! I am going to will myself better by going on with life as though I were well, plus, medicating myself up. An aside, don't take Sudafed in the evening, I was up till 4 am wide awake.

I am going to google, runny noses, where does it all come from? Don't you want to know?

4 comments:

Amanda said...

Oh yes...It all comes from your sinus cavities. Mucous is natural...but when you are sick, your body produces more so that is can flush it all out. nasty.

-drink lots of water
-use a netti pot (love this)
-boil a pot of water, add a few drops of eucalyptus essential oil and a drop or two of lavendar oil. put a towel over your head and breath in deep. SOOOOOO soothing. I love doing this.
-vicks vapo rub. love it.
-hot packs (I like the homemade corn bags). put them on your sinues. helps so much.

Good luck! I am currently battling something. it is annoying! And..I can't take anything for it!!!

Laura Kae Brandler said...

thanks honey great info! I'll give it all a try. Sorry your sick too, feel better soon.
xoxo

Anonymous said...

I was sick all weekend too. Don't take Clariton-D at night, it keeps your heart racing all night and hair tingling. Get well, the kids wanted you.

Laura Kae Brandler said...

oh gosh, hair tingling, wow! now we know why they make crack out of that stuff. glad you are better, i am not yet. i miss the kids too. papa had a good time with them though and said emma's room looks like a magazine spread. post a pic of it. i will be over as soon as i am better.