Tuesday, January 27, 2009

My Husband the Super Seller

Barry has discovered Craigslist and has again displayed his super sales skills. We are selling our refrigerator, our buffet, and our piano to get money for new furniture. So far so good, he is getting top dollar, which is 1/2 more than I thought we could get. Remember he is the one who sold my old station wagon for $5000. it was a wreck and 19 yrs old. He sold it to someone who sent it over seas where they thought it was a classic. If he sets a price, there is always someone willing to buy it. I do think that the furniture it worth every penny, by the way, but people just aren't usually willing to pay much for used stuff. So wish me luck, you could be invited over soon for a meal and a seat on my new couch!

4 comments:

Amanda said...

I should have bought your old station wagon. that thing is a classic. I saw one just like it the other day and thought of you.

Is that the actual couch you want? I really like it! It looks very comfy!

Laura Kae Brandler said...

yep it is. glad you like it.

Anonymous said...

I got Dad to go on Craigslist and I bet he really liked that it is free to post your ad. Also, I guess it is true what they say that "there is a lid for every pot" or a "butt for every seat".

Laura Kae Brandler said...

ya, you did, you are our "go to girl" for sure! And you are halarious.