Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas. We enjoyed our family and lots of food. We had our traditional Christmas breakfast of eggs Benedict and sparkling cider. I love the help I get now, the boys pitch in and do most of it. Then we went to Patti and Randy's for dinner. Yumm-o! We had a beautiful rib eye roast cooked to perfection. Everyone made a dish to share. The kids played Wii and we had a really relaxed evening together.
Friday Barry and I cleaned the garage while Steve, our fabulous helper worked on the base boards, which are turning out so nice. We got a lot sorted and put away. Dusted and dusted. We worked late into the night.
Saturday Jess and I went to Brandon and Cheri's house to visit with Gregg, Melissa, Viktoria, Dustin, Heather, Kadence and Grandma Pat who were all there for the weekend. Again, fab food! The boys cooked a leg of lamb. It was so delicious, so tender, cooked perfectly, no gamey taste. It was nice to see our out of town family and to just relax. The kids take care of everything and I get to simply enjoy. We came home last night to find that Barry went to Laughlin to check on his rental with his sister Elaine. He will be home on Wednesday. I am babysitting my grand kids, Emma and Max for a few days this week. We are going to the movies tomorrow and we did lots of puzzles, books, and movies today. Also, Max got a Lego set that is huge and we are working on that. I can do that all day, I love putting them together.
So all in all I am enjoying the holidays and all the time spent with family.
Thanks to all who made it so nice.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! My house is looking nice in these pictures. I'm happy we all had a good Christmas.

Amanda said...

I am so glad that you had a good Christmas...you and your family deserve it! I miss seeing you guys during the holidays...But, we are always in each others hearts!