Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Been A While...

I am working this!
Love the computer desk out in the den.
Great to be able to be on it and yet still apart of everything going on.
This stove top is in full swing now, I cook dinner every night and don't mind a bit! I still need to do the back splash. I'll worry about that this weekend.
My window is so nice and it's going to be framed the same color as the cabinets with a shelf made out of the crown molding.
My bedroom, not completely unpacked, but I do have a new sliding door and molding which I didn't know they came with.
We'll paint the frame around the sliding door white like the baseboards.
Love the refrigerator, it's really nice and was a perfect fit!
You can see the base boards and the flooring. It's clean at the moment.
I made monkey bread in the oven, actually 3 batches for Barry to take to work. We kept one for home. The oven even has a bread proof setting, and the rolls never rose so well before!
Jess's creations, she has even been inspired to bake. She made some really cute cupcakes with a xmas tree theme, but they were gone before I could take a pic.
I love having my girl in the kitchen, she knows her way around and doesn't need my help or advice at all.
One of my first meals that I cooked, Split Pea soup and Corn Bread muffins. We are so, so sick of fast food. I am so glad too that it's winter cause I love soup and beans so much.
Jess and her friend Nicki next to our little tree. Nicely done Jess.

I haven't had my photo cord to upload current pics of what's going on around here. It's about 36 hrs before Christmas, my least anticipated ever! I haven't done a thing for it. Barry brought home a cute, nicely shaped little tree and Jess decorated it. That's nice, I do like it and am glad for their efforts. I have been so sick. My throat feels like I swallowed razor blades and I am really hoarse, generally feeling yucky. It's bad because I am watching my Adams G-kids this week and I wish I were feeling better. They have been very good for me and Emma mothers me cause I don't feel good. And Jacob loves to cook so he has been a real help too. We are going to make sugar cookies tomorrow in my new oven(s). Should work out like a charm. Then we are going to Marlene's for Xmas Eve. where we expect a very special visitor. I have not done one purchase of a present. Barry got Jess and Andy one thing and we are going to get the G-kids something each tomorrow. We are zapped of money, energy and time. Next year I will make up for it in a big way. I am trying to put together a special gift for all of my kids, but it may not be ready till after Xmas, in which case they will get a big I owe you!

As for the house. Most of it is done. All my windows are in, the sliders too. Steve is coming tomorrow to work on the base boards, which look very nice. They will frame my kitchen window soon and my fireplace needs to be done, but I haven't picked up the stones yet. Next week. We have some painting to finish, rugs and furniture to buy, as money allows. I still have many boxes to unload and a mess of a garage. I will do that a little at a time. But it is much better. I work on it every day and Barry and I do some each night after work. The wood floors are not easy to care for. I have to sweep a lot. I am hoping after all the stuff is put away the dust will settle and upkeep will be less. All in all I am exhausted, sick, but very thankful for all that we have been able to accomplish and grateful for how good it has all come together, me being an amateur and all.

I really look forward to when it's all done and I can have everyone over for a meal and just enjoy myself.

Merry Christmas to all, enjoy your families,
XOXO
Laura

2 comments:

Lynn said...

wow it looks amazing. i think your house looks like a whole new house. can't wait to see it.
lynn

Lisa K said...

Laura, Sorry to hear you've been sick. Hope your family had a merry christmas. Your kitchen looks beautiful and I can't wait to see it.