Tuesday, December 9, 2008

House Update

It's so bad I can't even write about it. The house is thrashed! It's being painted, I hope I picked the right paint, wanted to be safe and do my traditional Navajo White, but went with color like the kids suggested. I will see tomorrow how it looks. I am spending the day at Grandma Pat's again, Jess is going to her girlfriends house and Barry and Andy are going to work. There is no where to be in this mess, we must leave. Thursday night we will finished taking out carpet, the pads, and the tack boards so the floor instillation can begin on Friday.

It's not beginning to look a lot like Christmas and it's kinda sad, I feel like I am going to miss it all together this year. I feel bad for Jess especially, she loves holidays. Maybe at the last minute I can pull something together. Right now I feel very overwhelmed. I think this is the worst, so it must be on the way to getting better. I am very thankful for all we've gotten done so far, I really appreciate being able to make these improvements to our home, just can't wait till the big stuff is done.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

remodling is horrible. especially when it is such a huge undertaking. i am so sad that you can't have decorations up and all of the christmas stuff. just keep the christmas spirit in your heart.

we need pictures.

Anonymous said...

Wow, just keep reminding yourself that next year you will have a beautiful new house to decorate for Christmas :D I can't wait to see pictures. How fun to be getting a whole new house!!

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Thanks guys for your comments, they lifted me. It's better today and I will update and put pics on. Thanks!