Saturday, December 13, 2008

What's New?

The paint, some is good and some wasn't. My mom and Steve are coming this morning to help us paint over the one that wasn't. It was a serious shock, the paint. Not used to color at all and I went BOLD! Love the cranberry color, the gold is growing on me, it changes so much with different lighting. I had a breakdown, sobbing, the first night I had the paint. Thankfully, I raised a reasonable daughter. She called her big sister, also reasonable, and made a plan to come over the next morning and see what could be done with the mistake I made. I felt I had ruined the house. Jess said, "mom this is not that serious, there are more important things going on in life, calm down, it can be fixed". All the while Barry was upset because I was upset. Any way, Patti and my mom came over the next morning and I felt so much better. They liked most of it and what they didn't like will be fixed today.

My granite came and it is beautiful, it matches, thankfully. You forget and start second guessing yourself. It's not all in but will be today. My knobs and pulls came in. I ordered online from Ebay for 1.79 and 2.49 each, in the stores they run approx. 5 and 7 dollars each. Huge savings, but I was worried about quality and color, but they are just what I looked at in the high dollar range at the stores. Hooray! 50 knobs and 12 pulls for 120 dollars.

My flooring is here and I was worried that was too dark, but it's not, I love it. Nice grain. Good Price. Another score.

My fireplace stone is in the process of being made, should be done this coming week. I need to find a hearth, maybe I will have a new fireplace for Xmas.

Last night Barry and I tore up the rest of the carpet, except for our room. Hard job, poor Barry. He was up the night before with the granite guy until 2am, then went to work, then came home and pulled up carpet till 12:30am. I had taken off the tack boards the day before. You can not imagine the dirt under the carpet and pad. It was like a beach, fine sand and buckets full. Sick!!

Monday, windows and flooring will be started. And maybe Jess and Andy will switch bedrooms and sort their stuff, please, please, please.

We are in the home stretch. But it may take years to clean all the dust up that has settled on everything I own.

2 comments:

Lisa K said...

Laura, Keep the faith. I just know it is all going to come together beautifully. You have such an eye for putting lovely things together. I can't wait to so the finished rooms. They are going to better than I am evening imagining, I'm sure!

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Thanks Lisa, you are kind. I am going to have a huge family bash when it's all done. Can't wait.