Thursday, September 18, 2008

B I N G O

I must admit, I love playing bingo. I have never played very often, it can cost a lot. But I have found a way to play on the cheap! It's with the senior citizens. I love them, well most of them. I always come away with a smile on my face. Most are adorable, friendly and fun. But sometimes I see another side. They can be cranky if the caller makes a mistake, and she can give it right back to them. They have cute little rituals, like blowing a choo choo whistle when I22 is called or calling B1 the little guy and oh ya, B11 is skinny legs. I like being around them so much. My friend Elizabeth has the best attitude and took up jogging at the age of 54 and at 78 still runs 3-4 miles every day. She has great legs. Another is an example to me of how to not to tick off my daughter in-laws if I ever have to live with them. She complains a lot and is very opinionated, not at all like me, right girls??
Anyway, today I went to the La Verne Senior Citizen center for Bingo, I had to change places and days due to school, and I sat at a table with two ladies. One didn't speak English and the other had a very strong Filipino accent. Well the nice Mexican lady won our table 3 pastries, one for each of us. I didn't want mine, they both wanted it and a squabble started over it and neither one would give in, there I was in the middle of it and couldn't understand a word of it. Pretty tense. Oh and I didn't win, but walked away with a smile again.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I was stressed out playing bingo. I was not good at it! But, I had a great time! I wish I would have won!!!

Sounds like you have a fun crew to join you for bingo each week!