Sunday, September 28, 2008

General Conference

Can you imagine the Lord, Jesus Christ speaking to you, directly to you, about things that are pertinent to your life this day? What a great opportunity I have every six months to experience just that, through the mouth pieces of the Lord.
General Conference, my favorite time in the Church. I love to hear from the Lord's anointed regarding exactly what I need to hear and what I need to put into my daily life. I always come away more spiritual, stronger in faith and testimony, more enlightened, more comforted and more dedicated to live my life as my Savior would have me do.
With the wonderful technology that we enjoy, I am able to hear Conference on my own t.v. in the comfort of my own home. With that though, I have become complacent, setting the dvr to record so I can sleep in or do some housework while conference is on. In doing this I have, in the past, lost the spirit of Conference and sometimes not even seen the entire thing. So I am going back to the good old days this coming weekend and am going to go to the chapel to watch, via satellite, Conference the old fashion way, where I can glean all that is offered me.
To all that will be watching next weekend, enjoy, it's sure to be a wonderful, enlightening 4 sessions, as always.

No comments: