Tuesday, September 30, 2008

More Public Transportation


Sometimes I ride public transportation when Jess needs my car and I have to be somewhere else. I really do like to ride buses, trains, planes and boats (if necessary!!) I took the Metrolink and a couple of buses to the Bishop's Storehouse last week. From Pomona to Rialto. It was pricey, $19.50 total, so I am sure it is cheaper to drive straight there, but it's good to know that you can get around without a vehicle when you have to.
Plus, I love meeting all the nice people in the world. I have seen human kindness many times. One example. Two ladies on the Metro at about 8pm at night. They both had a child with them. One lady had purchased Yosinoya (that drive through Mongolian BBQ stuff) and was having dinner with her son and the other lady across from her asked what kind of meat it was. Right away she was offer a taste, she accepted, reaching right over. She liked it and was given a portion for her and her son. How kind. How friendly.
I found out about several people's lives on my travels that day, very nice people, that I continue to think about even a week later. I wonder how often we make an impression on someone just in passing. I am just always touched by the kindness and friendliness of strangers.
For all of you grownups out there, PLEASE talk to strangers, it will change your heart!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

I always wonder, when I see people in passing, what they are, who they are and where they have been and where they are going! People are interesting! It is amazing how different we all are, yet we all live in the same world. Isn't it amazing!?

I like the post! Don't you love blogging?

Lynn said...

i think you could make that a childrens book. i too love to look at people. i haven't taken any buses around here but i have in mexico(cancun) and almost lost mom remember. it was fun i loved watching the little children and the families. we should go to cancun again. i love that picture of you, mom and i laughing by the pool. i love to make you guys laugh all the time.
lynn

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Ya we should do it again, and I love when you make me laugh. I think you are pretty funny.
Miss you!