Saturday, September 13, 2008

Doing Exactly What It's Supposed To


I have wanted to have a garden for so long now, but year after year I keep thinking, my pool is going to be put in right where my garden would be.
So without any effort on my part, I have enjoyed a harvest after all!
It seems some things simply know what they are supposed to do and then go forth and do it. I really appreciate that.
While I am busy, too busy to tend anything without a beating heart, grapes are turning purple and sweet, apples are becoming crisp, and my lemons, consistent and plentiful. And right now, I know for sure that I will have the most juicy, sweet oranges for our Christmas morning juice, because they are out there right now, in the dark, growing, just like they are supposed to!

3 comments:

Laura Kae Brandler said...

It's kinda like a mom, here I am washing, drying and folding Andy and Jessica's laundry while they sleep. When they get up they will have clean clothes to wear.

Amanda said...

So pretty! The grapes are so pretty!

Nice work! Are you canning any of it?

Laura Kae Brandler said...

I make lemonade a lot and did make some tarts from the apples. I would love to make some grape jam or jelly. I'll ck into that.