Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Kitchen Update

Whew Hew!!
The cabinets are bought and paid for. We will now start demo, this weekend!! Next Monday, John, the contractor will begin putting in header beams, closing the windows, and more, so much stuff to mention.
Tomorrow I am going shopping for windows, sliding or french doors, flooring and granite. I am just on cloud nine.
I will make a temp kitchen in the living room and bring in the tv so we can start getting used to using that area.
Yeah for me, finally. I really haven't been this excited since I had a girl baby. Can't wait to publish the pictures and will, once I get something new.
p.s. I am a little sentimental about some stuff, kids crawling on floors and carpets, but I may ask them to just crawl a bit on my new flooring, so I will still have memories of them doing that.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

wonderful. that is so great. no one deserves it more then you laura. enjoy every minute of it ok.
love ya,
lynn

Amanda said...

I'm so excited. But, a little sad. Your house won't be the same. I haven't been there in a few years, but I know when I do come and see it, it will not be the same! but, change is good, right?

Take pictures!!!! Not only of the process, but of your kids crawling around on the floor. that will be funny!