Thursday, October 30, 2008

Kitchen Update

We are coming right along. I must say Barry, Aaron and I are quite the
demo team. We will have it all done and way before Monday morning.
Pics of the new cramped living space, hey, I still like this
room, but must say it looks way better in pictures. We enjoyed eating dinner together last night at a real dinner table. I should have done that years ago, it felt so nice to eat, talk and spend time together instead of everyone going their own separate ways. Lots of pluses already!

The den is empty now except for the couch. I am going to update my fireplace and may post some pics of what I like for opinions.

The rest of the kitchen will come out on Friday, except for the refrigerator, which they said they could work around. This is the last time you will see that window in that spot again.

Jess is loving this!! Really we all are, even my sweet neighbors are excited for me.

4 comments:

Melissa said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! I had a sense of saddness when I saw all of it gone because I remember having so memories there. I hope we get to come down next year and visit. Jason and I decided to set aside a little each month and maybe by next september we will be able to make the trip. Love you and congrats on the kitchen!!!!

Laura Kae Brandler said...

oh gosh, you see what I am talking about. It is sad, but I do have lots of pictures and we will always have our memories, unless we lose our minds!!

Lisa K said...

Wow you are a sentimental bunch. As soon as this remodel is done I think you will be saying memories, shmemories I have a beautiful kitchen. Plus you still have all your kids and thats the best. Keep posting the progress it is fun to watch.

Amanda said...

I feel a little sad....your house won't be the same....but, it will do. I'm so happy that you get a new kitchen!