Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Gettin It Done!

Ta Da!! This is it!It looks a little darker in the photo. I think it's my best choice.
All I wanted was a nice picture of us shopping.
BFF"s
Me forcing her to take a picture of us.
(My best "Lynn Face")

If you want something done, take Jess. She is no nonsense. She had good taste too. Patti talked to me last night at length about my granite and shed some light on issues I hadn't thought of. My daughters are the best! Patti brought back full circle to what I originally wanted in my counter tops. You start looking at the granite and it's so pretty and your tastes start changing. You think you want something dramatic, it's the WOW factor kicking in. She reminded me that it would compete with my cabinets and my decor. I saw the wisdom in that and Jess and I made one more, final trip to the granite yard and picked it out, put it on hold and called my stone cutter. He will pick it up and do his thing. It's scary, but I have to put it out of my mind.
After that, she and I went to look at knobs and pulls, another ordeal. I did get an idea of what I like and will shop online for a good price.
Then we went looking for bedding for her room so we could buy paint. She didn't like the shabby chic at Target or the other 3 stores we went to, so she'll have to do some online looking too. We went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond and got some storage stuff for my kitchen. She strong armed her dad over the phone for that!
I had to make her take this picture of us. She doesn't look like she's having fun in the picture, but she was. We had a fabulous, productive day! I will sleep better tonight, but still in Andy's room and not with that cranky man.
P.S. I also saved so much $$$~I got two pieces for less than I was going to get one for.
Whoo Hoo!!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I'm laughing my head off at your "Lynn" picture. That is totally her. Nice job!

Ok, you have gone blog crazy!!! I don't even know where to start! I love all the posts! Nice work!!!!