Saturday, November 8, 2008

What a Difference a Week Makes

This post is kinda all over the place. Read the bottom first, I couldn't cut and paste to move it to the top and didn't want to retype it.
The view from the dining room.
My counter top will rest on that small wall and the base cabinets.
View from the kitchen into the living room. I will have cabinets and a counter top on that wall.
Looking toward the kitchen.
Looking from my front door toward the kitchen.
Elder (I can't remember his name)! Senior moment.
He is a great guy, he has been with our ward for several months
Elder Latu, very new missionary, just out for four weeks.
He is Tongan and he's homesick. He said that doing hard work helps with the homesickness.
I have the utmost admiration for Missionaries. They are like the Lord, they give up a period of their life in the service of their fellow man. I am not just talking about their willingness to help us, but they leave all that they know behind and go to far away places, learn new languages, integrate into new cultures and they do it all with gratitude and love for the Savior, because they have a testimony that He lives and can do wonders for those who follow Him.
It is their hearts desire to share that with all they find. Lilly needs to rest, she is just so busy supervising all day.

It's Friday night and the contractors are gone and we are left in a dust bowl. What a mess!! Dust is everywhere, there is no getting away from it. I have it not only on everything I own but in my hair, on my glasses and even on my teeth. I have grit in my mouth. Barry and I decided to tackle the mess. Best idea was to just roll up the old carpet and take it out. Luckily for us we got some unexpected visitors, our missionaries and they wanted to do some service!! With their help we had the carpet, the tack strips, the floor boards, the matting out and the floors all swept out within an hour. I love missionaries, they are all about giving of themselves. I am going to cook a feast for them once I have my kitchen finished!

4 comments:

Lynn said...

WOW WOW.
i can't believe your house it looks so amazing. the elders are so cute. I love when they come over. their spirit is so strong. great job.
lynn

Melissa said...

Ok those were the pics I was looking for now I get what is going on..good job on the photo's now I dont feel like a retard and feel lost with the demolision of the house...CRAZY CRAZY!!! I love it all so much already! YEAH!

Amanda said...

WOW!!!! That is crazy!!! I bet you are so excited.

Does Lilly bite the contractors???

Laura Kae Brandler said...

No she doesn't bite them, she is glad they are here, because they leave the door open and she came roam the neighborhood at will.