Sunday, November 2, 2008

It's The Little Things~







It's been chaotic at our house lately with the demolition and all. It makes me a bit stressed out. I don't like the clutter and disorder. I went out side to see what the rain had brought and to just get out of the house for a little fresh air. A little regrouping. This is what I saw.
Pretty flowers and a worm. Both make me happy. I planted the flowers just a while before Halloween to get some fall color in my garden, they are starting to take hold and are blooming. When I am planting and digging I always find and appreciate the worms. If you see a lot of them in your dirt, you know you have some good stuff. Anyone who knows me, knows that I do love them and whenever I come across one that is out of his element (the dirt) I save it.
It may be a little thing but to the worm it is everything!

3 comments:

Lynn said...

how pretty. I too love the rain. I open all the windows get my knitting and put a good movie on. i love that worm. you should have seen one we had in our yard during the summer. a banana slug. it was amazing. i put in a container and took it down by the river. it is a wooded area.
your flowers look so pretty. i love the fall color.
lynn

Amanda said...

I need to take pictures of all the fall color around here. It is truly beautiful!

Worms are a great sign that your soil is good! Nice work!!!!!

Melissa said...

I love how you love nature it is great isnt it. Whenever we go walking I always like when we see things and the kids get excited and find things. Your yard is great!