Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just Humor Me~A Little More Kitchen

My contractor put up the upper cabinets today. The crown molding and all of the trim will be put on this coming Monday. We got some of our appliances, frig, microwave, and dishwasher. Double oven and cook top will be delivered on Tues. We went today to look at granite and wood floors, but didn't get too far because of the fires, which closed the freeways to Anaheim. By the way, Aaron, who is a reserve fireman for the city of Anaheim was called in to work the fires. He rushed to get to the fires and how he'll get there I don't know, waiting to hear from Jess on that. I am so excited for him and sorry for all the people he is going to go help. It's a huge dream for him to be a firefighter and he must be so pumped to be called in. I hope he stays safe, cause I know he'll be right in there working hard.

My pantry, minus the shelves.
My desk top shelves, Andy's holding up the valance that needs to be installed.
My dish drawers, the dividers are movable.
My baking pantry, right next to where the double oven goes.
My drawers under the cook top, dividers for pots and pans.
Pull out small pantry for spices and oils. Also, my pull out cabinet drawers.
My lazy Suzanne
The uppers, the micro and the cook top go on that one wall and the sink on the other under the window. I got the nicest white sink and faucet set today, really pretty.
My glasses will go in the upper cabinet, I can't put in my new frig until I get the flooring in and I will be re-painting to cover the areas that the cabinets didn't cover. I am also going to go into the den with that color, I like it so much.
Isn't it so pretty? I am getting a tile back splash which will cover under the window and over to the wall where the door is, I may have a design where the stove and microwave are, not sure.
My wood floor that I will probably get, it's pretty and has a great warranty and a nice price.
It's a distressed wood, which will be good when it gets chipped and scratched, I can just take a wood crayon and fix it right up.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

How pretty!!!! I really love your cabinets! I love how they remind me of a "cottage". totally perfect for your house. love it.

Melissa said...

This is totally great!! I agree with amanda you have always reminded me of a cottage type person and the cabinets bring that to life. And about the red on the walls I knew you would pick red,,,do you know what red means when you paint walls with it? Red-It is a welcoming color for all to join and a conversation color so that all who enter will have great conversation..GREAT CHOICE! That is the color I have in my salon it is warm but yet bright and cheerful at the same time..WAY TO GO!!!

Lynn said...

WOW it looks so pretty. you have a lot of space for all the stuff. i love the pull out things. you will love the lazy susan. the color looks so nice with the cabinets. the floor reminds me of my wood floor, the color. you will love them. so exciting. a dream come true.
love you guys.
lynn

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Thanks guys, glad you like it. Wow, Melissa you really know paint! I will consult with you on my next purchase first. I may go gold in my bedroom and in the family room (formally the living room/dining room). Stay tuned.

cinnamongirl said...

I can't wait, I will come see the progress this week!!!