Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Knock it Down~Throw it Away~Build it Up

Barry checking out the new view from kitchen to living room
He thinks it's going to be alright
This is embarrassing!
I wanted it gone under the cloak of darkness!
Thirty years of hard service and it's kicked to the curb!
Who needs a dumpster when your best friends with the trash man.Barry got rid of all the cabinets, the mirrors (six huge sheets), two chairs and a lot of other stuff, not to mention our normal load of trash.Unbelievable, we should never doubt Barry when he says he can do something.
This is the frame for my new, beautiful window which is not yet ordered and will take 4-6 weeks, I will have a big piece of plywood covering it until then. It will be worth the wait. My lemon tree is going to be removed so I can put some foliage in that space that will look nice from the inside out. Also, this was taken from the dining room, notice the wall is missing!
My old den window framed up and ready to disappear.

Update on the fireplace:
I am going to do style #5 with the stone from #2 and a white mantle.
Thanks for the opinions!

6 comments:

Lynn said...

WOW WOW. That is so amazing. i jsut can't believe you guys are really doing it. it looks great.
lynn

Anonymous said...

The first picture of Barry reminds me of "The Shining".

Melissa said...

I can't believe this Auntie Laura it is crazy! But I am confused by some of the pics so stand out of the room and take wider pics to I can invision your house more. I need to visit your house pronto haha...I love the fireplace idea it is absoultely gorgeous!

Laura Kae Brandler said...

ok Melissa I will put more on tomorrow, so much more got done today, it is so exciting. One thing I don't like is doing dishes in the bathroom and using the toilet as the garbage disposal. Yuk!
I love the way it's opened up my house. I have so much more useable space now. In one week my cabinets come. Woo Hoo!!!

susanrenee said...

Hi Laura! I love reading your blog. It puts a smile on my face, and sometimes I even laugh out loud. My favorite picture in this group is the one of Barry standing next to the 70's stove that you kicked to the curb! I am so excited for your new kitchen. By the way, I kinda liked fireplace #6the best even tho nobody else voted for it.

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Thanks Renee for liking my blog, what's yours? That old stove/oven, poor thing, it made lots of meals. It's scrap metal now. Out with the old in with the new!