Wednesday, November 12, 2008

A Whole New Attitude


My house is getting an attitude adjustment. It was "blah" before and now it is going to be "wow". Between Patti and Jessica, I have had to move outside of my comfort zone. I have to paint the kitchen before Friday and needed to decide on a paint color. I like the lighter tones of white or beige. Patti always has bold, bright colors and I do like them, but it's scary for me. Jess and Patti encouraged me to try a new color and said if I didn't like it, I could always change it.
I went to Lowes and bought a color called Cranberry!! Oh gosh, it's scary. I think the girls were right, I need a contrast for my cabinets. So we'll see. Barry is painting the walls that will be seen in my kitchen. If I like it, I will do the whole den in it.
We ordered our windows and sliding doors from a church member, he gave us a good price and I really like his work. Glad that's done, it's been weeks in the works.
We looked at furniture, hard to decide and the prices are crazy high. But I like the above dining room set a lot. I would like a larger table that seats more people but I am limited on the room I have.
My cabinets come on Friday morning and will be installed early next week. Once I have a piece of cabinet as a sample I can go out and get my flooring and granite. I purchased my appliances and they will be delivered early next week. They are so nice, all Kitchen Aid. I also need to get my sink and faucet this weekend.
We had the walls and ceiling in the den and kitchen done, re-textured and I love it. We are doing the rest of the house next week, can't wait for that. Then it all has to be painted, ew! I have to pick more paint. I know I want my bedroom a golden color, I have beautiful new bedding I got for Christmas a few years ago and can't wait to use it.
Lots going on, and I am looking forward atleast to having the kitchen done, it's not fun living w/out one.

4 comments:

Lynn said...

i love that dinning set. It is scary picking paint. Melissa is really good at doing that. The green she has is really pretty. a lady at church has a really pretty gold color in her house, i could ask her what the name is. you can also buy little pint sizes and put it on the walls to see if you like them. i want to paint and i have almost done it when bob has been out of town to suprise him but, i am to scared to do it. you will love the pretty paint and you do need contrast with the light cabnits. how exciting.
lynn

Laura Kae Brandler said...

Thanks for the encouragement! I will post pics as soon as I get my camera charged. Barry is painting the primer right now.

Melissa said...

I LOVE paint!!! You can make a room look so different and change it whenever you want. What color are your cabinets going to be again? Man I wish I was there to help pick stuff out I LOVE decorating it is so fun. I can't believe how fast this whole process is moving along I am so excited..we need to have a house warming party for you :)

Lisa K said...

Thats it! I may have to come see this renovation in person. I love the black furniture. It sounds like it is going to be beautiful.